Sunday, August 05, 2007

Diet Wars

Ok, just read my blog before last so will comment on some things. Since then my mom has returned from Dublin and my younger sister went over for almost a month. I was the only female of our immediate family who didn't get to go see the new sprog, but I can live with it!

On the diet front, still find myself eating fried eggs on any given daying and missing lunch on most. The 10 000 steps a day are still eluding me and my pedometer is somewhere on the kitchen counter - ready to grab at a moment's notice, but I still don't. I've taken to walking to clients even if it means arriving drenched in this season's hottest fashion - rain water! I usually try to shake myself off before I enter the office building or accend the stairs to the office. Every little bit helps.

The ultimate sad thing is that I now have had my driver's license for over a month. I've driven the car once with my instructor (note - our Mazda - not his easy-to-drive car) and then once more with Alec, which ended in him driving. I have to get the hang of this thing or I'll just convince myself that walking is my exercise, but it's not alway great to arrive at meetings flustered, out of breath and sweaty - and these things just increase in summer. So, I have to get off my arse and actually drive this monstrosity. I know it's kind of an heirloom and hubby's mom drove it for many years, but it's taking some time for me to find out how to 'idle' in it. It was so much easier in the car I learned to drive in! Anyhoo, will have to find some kind of way to practise and learn to drive this car because we won't be getting a new one any time soon. I love the little Kia Picanto! It's sweet, zippy and hopefully really easy to drive.

Anyway, by next time this year I'd be interested to see how I'm coping with my work-load. Hubby's shop is also on the up-an-up and hopefully next year winter won't be so quiet. Anyway, will carry on with my boring Saturday night entertainment now. x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home