Sunday, August 05, 2007

Freelance Business

Ok, so it's been months since my last entry and I know I haven't had even one person read my blog yet so I'm still safe! When I last wrote I was talking about doggysnaps and still had loads of time on my hands. Since then I've become quite busy. No more Ricky Lake at lunch time and Oprah at 4 and I've had to get up at 7:30 every day this week, which is something for me!

I recently got some new kind of freelance work taking photographs for an advert and a website, which freaked me out big-time. I specially bought a new digital camera (on special at Makro) a few months ago just for this purpose. Also chucked in rechargable batteries and a tripod to boot. So, it's finally happened - it seems there is no other photographer in Malmesbury who can do this kind of thing. I'm sure there's a wedding photographer or two out there somewhere, but we've yet to find him/her, so, I trundled along with my new camera and I think the shots turned out quite fine! I think the clients are happy as well! My only concern is that I don't have a clue what to charge for this kind of thing. I've decided to just charge per hour, but it still niggles me that they'll be using them for tons of publicity and I know a Cape Town photographer would be charging much more. I guess it's a confidence thing...

We started out charging really little for our website as well because we were just starting out so I suppose if this becomes a regular thing in time I will know what is the correct amount. For now I'll just enjoy the days out of the office. Anyhoo, it's late. Will try to write again soon, not that anyone's reading...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home