Thursday, May 25, 2006

Anger Management

Ok, so what do you do if you quote on doing some design work for someone - you send them some designs and they don't come back to you for ages and then a month or two later you see their 'new' or 'changed' sign or website with a design very obviously stemming from one you've sent them. What do I have to do??? Charge up front??? Put some kind of weird watermark on everything I send them that not only prevents them from using the said file, but also miraculously erases it from any mind that sees it so that it cannot in any way be reproduced???

Why are people so ready to accept advice or designs or whatever, but so unready to acknowledge that it is in fact a service I am providing - and NO - they would not have just harped on that idea or layout on their own!!! I am quite sick of it now - it's the third time! Clearly I am missing something. Is there some clause I should be putting on all my quotations. Should my logo and address or whatever be stamped all over the designs I send to potential clients? I think I need to learn to manage my anger and then manage my freelance better. These people are taking me for a ride and I'm letting them.

And - what about websites that advertise so much work you could get - post you portfolio and we'll be sending you clients by the shipload - I got fooled by that one once and once only. Just as my husband predicted the website is no longer and the offices somewhere in Kenilworth are completely untraceable. Luckily it was still in the days when I had some cash, but still - what is one to do? Are there any reputable companies/sites where you can see what needs the good citizens of the marketing and advertising world need and actually just provide those services? No strings attached no hoopla just good design within deadline and budget and without the red tape!!!

Far too many exclamation points and question marks so I must be tired. Plus also the 4th day of not smoking. Will have to go to bed now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home