Monday, November 06, 2006

7 weeks to Christmas

Okay, so I haven't written for months, but hey I've been busy and it's not like anyone's reading anyway! Our friends have come and gone and we had a fabulous time. They arrived on the 16th of September on a cold and rainy Saturday morning. We drive the hour and 15 minutes to meet them after getting up at about 3:30 - their plane was to arrive at 5am. We had hoped that it would be a sunny morning and that we'd drive up the country lane which is the N7 and they'd marvel and the sunrise and the rolling wheat fields and occasional groups of cattle and ostridges on the way, but alas - we just stopped at the Engen 1-stop and got some water and stuff and headed home.

So, instead of the lovely braai out at the lapa we had to settle for Lasagne inside. Oh, well, the weather cleared up in the end and we had a few adventures before they returned to London after their 2 weeks, but it rained again on the Monday morning of their departure. Thankfully hubby and I had been reading the book - The Easy Way to Stop Smoking by Allan Carr which was kindly given to us by A's (my hubby)'s sister after she's read it and found it worked for her. So, on the morning of their departure, at Cape Town International, outside the terminal we stubbed our our last cigarettes.

It's been almost 5 weeks now and I must confess that I sneaked a drag on Friday night when A wasn't looking, but I don't feel too bad about it and I'm quite quietly confident that I won't ever smoke again! A, on the other hand, has given up about 4 times since - once of which was on Saturday morning after he smoked with a friend who then game him a packet of cigarettes to feast on for the night. I think I just took that drag behind his back because I wanted him to finish the packet and be done with it already, but I guess I was just being naughty. Anyhow, I want to write more about the holiday and get to what's going on now in my life, but I'll write again soon. I've uploaded photos to Flicker on the right so have a look if anyone ever comes across this blog.

Can't believe it's already so close to Christmas!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home